"the newsletter of international living"
Bringing You The World In A Way You've Never Seen Before
Click Here to Read More About this Offer
Click Here to Read More About this Offer
Our #1 place: USD $1 pints of beer and +100 small food stalls; Asia type eating places is. . .
1. SHIROKIYA — 450 Ala Moana Blvd Ste 1360 Honolulu, HI 96814.
In the Ala Moana shopping center ground floor on the west end of the largest shopping center in the Pacific. • Phone number: (808) 973-9111 • Business website: shirokiya.com
By far the best deal in the Waikiki area. 20 minute walk from mid Waikiki or a simple 15 minute bus ride to Ala Moana shopping center.
2. KINGS PUB — Address: 444 Niu St, Honolulu, HI 968i5,
Hours: 9am -⋅Closes 2AM, Phone: (808) 949-1616. Located in basement of the Monarch Hotel
Local place that has a power hour each day from 5-6 PM where a beer, PBR, or any well drinks Like rum and coke are $1.00 plus you can buy pieces of pizza for $1.00 a slice. Price rise by $1.00 after 6 PM. One of my personal favorites. It’s a real local different but safe place.
3.WAIKIKI TAVERN — This is a talk story bar that has been around for +40 years with one name or another. They have Monday thru Sundays specials on drinks all at low prices for Waikiki. Beer and drinks average $3.50. BUT their best deal in food in Waikiki is on Taco Tuesday and Pulled Pork Wednesday. My opinion is their tacos on Tuesday at $1.25 a piece is the best tasting taco in the central Pacific and by far the best priced Tacos you can get in Hawaii. Their Hawaiian pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw at US $3.75 is great at 1/3 the cost of restaurants in Waikiki.
4. KELLY O’NEALS, 311 Lewers St, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815, phone: 1-808-9261777. An Irish pub that has music after 5PM, Best happy hour in Waikiki starting at 11 AM to 8PM. Plus the longest working bartender in Waikiki, BONO, who will take care of you. Just tell him you’re a friend of Singaporegene’s. Beer and well drinks average $3.50. They also have a Tex-Mex menu from a little hole in the wall restaurant across the street. You order in- bar and the food is delivered to you at the bar or tables. Soon they will have a great priced sandwich menu made in-house.
5. LOCO’s in the Sand Villa Hotel. 2375 Ala Wai BLVD Honolulu, Hawaii in the Waikiki Sand Villa Hotel. This was for years known as the Sand Bar and still known by the locals as that, even though they changed their name to Loco’s. It is my local 5-7 PM watering hole. It is filled with local Haoles and local Hawaiians. Very friendly place. Drinks at happy hour from 4-7 , 10-12 and 2 to close are very reasonable. Well drinks and beer are around $3.50 per drink. They have an extensive food menu but my favorite for the $7.00 cost is the Kalbi sliced beef . Add a $ 1.00 or so and have rice with it. Hell, you might even meet Singaporegene there as he goes there most nights.
6. Cuckoo Coconuts - 333 Royal Hawaiian Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815. This is the only Tiki bar still locate in Waikiki. A real fun place where you can party with people from around the world and the locals. They have music of the 60-80’s every day of the week. No cover. They also have beers and drinks at $4.95 and special hollowed pineapple drinks and coconut shell drinks that will knock you out for about $10.00. Have GREAT food at very reasonable prices for Waikiki. Again, I stop here 3-4 times a week. Tell Rick, the owner, that Singaporegene sent you. He might even make your drink a bit heavy.
They have a sister bar/restaurant called the Lava Tube located located on Kuhio Avenue a few blocks Diamond Head from Cuckoo Coconuts. It has a slightly different atmosphere, but no live music but coy tables and bar. Best valued breakfast in town at $4.95 compare to the 12.95 hotel breakfast. Sasha and Abbey are two personable and great Bartenders serving up the drinks at reasonable prices. Tell them PhuketGene recommended them.
7. SUZI WONG’S HIDEAWAY - 1913 Dudiot Ln, Honolulu, Waikiki, HI 96815, Phone number (808) 945-2337. This bar has been around for generations and has been home to locals, tourists, hookers on time out. It goes from EARLY mornings to late into the next morning. A weird but great place. Their best seller is 18 ounce beers in a chilled big mug at $3.95.
8. BACCHUS WAIKIKI. For all our gay, bi and gay-friendly people,Waikiki saw the opening of its first gay bar in many years when this cool little second-floor bar opened just off Kuhio Avenue in 2011. Bacchus Waikiki (408 Lewers St., at corner of Kuhio Ave., 808-926-4167) serves a nice mix of basic and top-shelf drinks, including a nice range of wines and several good beers. There's a compact main room, a smaller little side seating area that's a perfect spot to hold court with a few friends, and a narrow outside balcony and railing overlooking the street below. Other gay nightspots like Fusion, LoJax, and In Between are within a couple of blocks, and there's a nice Thai restaurant adjacent to Bacchus. The crowd at this bar opened partly by San Francisco's popular 440 Castro is fairly mixed, drawing locals and tourists, a fair number of women as well as men, and an all-ages bunch.
Even the most skeptical will have to admit for your $2.00 you get real money savings plus hours of local relationships and fun. Tell all your friends about our site. Make them spend the $2.00 and not use the material you purchased for we update from time to time with the newest info.
Now some $2.00 Waikiki Tourist FREE bonus material where we will give you a few tips outside of food and drink that will save you boo koo bucks as a tourist while in Waikiki and beyond.
Here we go:
AN ADDED BONUS CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN
Free (or Almost Free) Ways to Enjoy Waikiki
As a bonus to The TWO DOLLAR WAIKIKI TOURIST we offer this bonus report for everyone, partiers, families, singles couples, etc. Free or Almost Free things to do in Waikiki. While the paid attractions and activities in Waikiki are some of the best in the state, there are a variety of experiences that won't cost you a dime. The following list provides suggestions on things to do for free in and around Waikiki, Oahu.
Hope you had fun and saved bunches of money during your stay in Waikiki.