For 20 years now through PATA, the Pan American Travel Association, we have been issuing IDL's or more correctly IDP's - International Driving Permits.  These driving licenses are honored in over 180 countries in all corners of the world including almost all countries in  USA, Europe, Asia,  South, Central America, Australia.


One of the few stipulations of use of an IDL is they cannot be used in the country where they are ISSUED.  Our's are issued from a small remote country in Central America so if you are from anywhere else in the world except this one small country, YOU CAN USE IT in your HOME country plus +180 other countries with legality.


Other way of saying this if you are from the USA and have the AAA issue you an IDL you cannot use it in the USA but can use it in the +180 other countries that honor them. So the best bet is get it issued from anywhere but your home country.


Besides using your IDL for driving legally worldwide, it can be used in many places as identification and other clever uses.


For full details and simple application Click Here


"the newsletter of international living"


Bringing You The World In A Way You've Never Seen Before

Expat World Inner Circle Subscription

EW’s readers deliberately choose not to be victims of “life” wherever they reside and choose not to inflict hurt upon others for their own gain. In short, the New Expat claims sovereignty over himself alone and allows no other to claim otherwise. And he at all times strives to learn the skills and build his tool kit so that he is never caught in the web of society run amuck.


Already a Subscriber - Click on the button below to be taken to the Inner Circle, where you have access to current and past issues of Expat World and so much more.

Paid Subscribers Log-in

Not a Subscriber - Join Here

© 2109 Expat World   Privacy Policy    Terms of Use    Purchase Agreement